Brick Lane Market, is Brick Lane Brewing’s multi-level venue in the heart of the Queen Victoria Market in Melbourne.
Brick Lane Market champions market fresh Victorian produce, prepared daily on site while shining a light on our award winning beers.
Designed by the highly accoladed Studio Y, the venue will incorporate a hybrid ‘brewery door’ experience and a 250 seat ‘market-to-table’ casual dining and drinking space . At its core, the location pays homage to our spiritual home, the Queen Victoria Market, while bringing the industrial feel of our brewery in South East Melbourne.
Join our team of talented misfits as we bring delicious brews, seasonal eats inspired by our great city and impressive beer knowledge to Melbourne and the millions of yearly QVM visitors.
Like brick laneways around the world, Brick Lane Brewery brings communities together through inclusivity and diversity, sustainability and innovation.
Brick Lane Brewing is a fiercely independent brewery, making award-winning beers from our state-of-the-art brewery in South East Melbourne.
The Brick Lane Experience department is expanding rapidly, consisting of two growing hospitality venues and an exciting events portfolio, which includes the Summer and Winter Night Markets at QVM, Melbourne Food and Wine Festival, Pinot Palooza, and Mould Cheese Festival to name just a few!
Now Brick Lane brings you this incredible new venue.
About the Opportunity:
We are on the lookout for a Restaurant Manager to join us in our vibrant new venue. We seek people who share our passion for hospitality, service and excellence.
You have a passion for leading, training others and delivering outstanding customer service. You have the skills to build rapport with guests and are dedicated to creating memorable experiences every day.
- Create a warm and welcoming environment for our team and guests.
- Ensure the service of food and beverage within the restaurant, room service and events are consistently high .
- Share knowledge of the Brand identity and Products of Brick Lane
- Help create a spiritual home for Brick Lane at QVM that showcases the quality of the Brick Lane experience.
- Ensure cleaning and maintenance of the work areas, tableware, utensils and other equipment used by the restaurant are being completed.
- Uphold a safe level of working at all times.
- Support the Venue Manager to ensure the preparations, running and pack down of private functions, events and tastings have been made.
- Work closely with the Head Chef to ensure a seamless operation between front and back of house operations and a positive working environment.
- Help meet the targets set by the Venue Manager
Successful Candidates will have:
- Full, unrestricted working rights within Australia
- Previous experience in managing staff in a high-end restaurant or hotel is essential.
- Genuine passion and interest in all thing’s food & beverage
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Beer knowledge
- Knowledge of wines
- POS knowledge
- Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate (Essential)
- First Aid (highly regarded)
So, what can we offer you in Return?
- Inclusive, Collaborative and Supportive company Culture
- Fantastic work life balance – receive your roster weeks in advance
- Environmentally and socially responsible workplace
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly product allocation
- Free Family meals on shift
- Enjoy discounts on food and beverages
- Annual Wellbeing $$ contribution
Attention to detail is important for this role -please include a cover letter detailing:
- Why you would make a great Restaurant Manager at Brick Lane
- Your favourite restaurant and why
- Your favourite Craft Beer
If you think Brick Lane Market sounds like something that would excite you as much as it’s exciting us – please apply today!
Please note that we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Want to know more about Brick Lane Brewing? Check us out at www.bricklanebrewing.com, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
(This will open the application website in a new tab)