The Craft & Co is shaking things up
Content published as an Announcement is produced by the business(es) named in the announcement and remains unedited by Brews News.
Just as daylight savings marks a change in seasons, the team at The Craft & Co in Collingwood have coincided this seasonal shift with its own changes.
New trading hours, offering and operations:
Due to much industry acclaim in 2018 for The Craft & Co’s successes with it’s distilling and brewery production & incubator offering, the Collingwood site now has expanded demand for brewing, distilling & cheese production onsite (both house-branded products and third-party contract producers like Anther, Marionette, Co-conspirators Brewing & Howler Brewing), and is now closed to the public every Monday & Tuesday to accommodate for increased operations like bottling, labelling, trade events and general onsite processing logistics.
- Now open till 10pm on Wednesdays. (instead of 4pm previously)
- Now open for breakfast only on the weekends. (Previous weekday breakfast sessions will also now be closed to the public for the expanded in-house production and bottling/packaging schedules)
- New daily & functions menus designed by chef Daniel Southern (ex Bistro Guillaume, Comme) in conjunction with the onsite brewing, distilling and cheesemaking teams. Click HERE for new menu info.
- Cheese production in the dairy room upstairs, headed by sisters Katia & Sabrina Cappadocio (ex La Formaggeria in St Kilda) will ramp up and will be showcased within the daily and function menu offering.
New weekly promos to coincide with the above changes:
- $10 pizzas every Wednesday, and all day!
- $15 beer, gin & wine flights matched with cheese every Thursday, all day. All beers, gins, wines & cheese on these flights are made by The Craft & Co either onsite in Collingwood or at their winery The Craft & Co Farm across town in Bangholme.
- Free Keg Friday will be relaunched (starting October 19) – The brewers will tap one free keg for punters at 5pm every Friday. Beer type rotates weekly and will be announced across social media that week. No catch, but RSA applies as always.
- Cheese Us! – special on house made cheese tasting plates – Get to know their Tipsy (A type of cacciota cheese made in collaboration with the onsite brewery. The cheese is then covered in spent grain from the brewing process) from their Treccia (a braided fresh mozzarella or scamorza) with their Cheesemakers Choice tasting plate for only $15 (from 12pm til late)
- Aperitivo Sundays – see the weekend out with some crafty cocktail & free mini bites from 2pm – 5pm every week.
The Craft & Co is now managed by Lawrence Eakers (ex Meatmaiden). He is the new business manager across both Collingwood & Bangholme sites.
The Craft & Co, 390 Smith Street, Collingwood.
Eatery, Brewery, Distillery & Functions:
- Wed: 10am-10pm
- Thur: 10am- 10pm
- Fri: 10am- 11pm
- Sat: 8am – 11pm
- Sun: 8am- 6pm