Entries open for 2022 Indies
Content published under the media release byline is promotional content produced by the business(es) named in the media release and remains unedited by Brews News
The Independent Brewers Association is delighted to announce that entries for the 2022 Independent Beer Awards (The Indies) are now open, and with a new look and renewed purpose.
Following on from a full and external review of the awards program we are excited to have made some significant changes this year with more to follow in future.
The changes made have highlighted consideration of the consumer and a long-term vision of delivering benefit for medal and trophy winners beyond the awards ceremony.
We have also listened to our industry and as a result are excited to have made the following changes for the 2022 competition:
- Implementation of a new competition tech management system • Improved feedback strategies
- An integrated judges training and mentoring program
- A revised trophy and class schedule welcoming new categories that address trends like Juicy-Hazy, NoLo (No and Low Alcohol) and the renaming of Hybrid and Mixed Culture to more the more consumer friendly Fruit & Funk
- Merging of the competition’s smallest categories; Amber-Dark Ale with PorterStout to what will now be Amber-Dark Beer
- The creation of a new Advisory Committee and;
- The adoption of a new scoring methodology for determining Champion Size and State trophy winners. This new method will measure a brewery’s overall performance in the competition and not just their top beers.
Mark your calendars for October 13 as we will be once again celebrating virtually around the country to applaud our medal and trophy winners at the Indies Awards Ceremony. State party venues will be announced at a later date.
Today also marks the opening of expressions of interest for 2022 Competition Judges and we are calling out far and wide for those with the passion and experience to be part of the program.
Key dates and relevant information for the 2022 Indies Awards
- Entries open 20 July 2022. Further information and updated guidelines can be found at bit.ly/Indies2022
- Expressions of interest for judges can be accessed via the homepage
- Entries close 12 August 2022
- Judging will commence 26 September 2022
- Awards night 13 October 2022
More info can be found here.
Exhibitors can enter here.