Science Made Beerable offers scholarship
Content published as an Announcement is produced by the business(es) named in the announcement and remains unedited by Brews News.
Science Made Beerable Inc. is offering one scholarship to someone in the brewing or related industry, to further their education in brewing science.
Science Made Beerable Inc. endeavors to share the fascinating world of beer science with beer lovers.
As a part of our annual ExBEERimental Science event, this year the participating brewers created a science-inspired beer; a Cold IPA “Pils of Wisdom”, kindly sponsored by HPA, Voyager Craft Malt and Bluestone Yeast. A portion of the profits from this beer will go towards forming a scholarship that enables someone to further their education in brewing science with an effort to support diversity in the industry.
So if you are a brewer wanting to further your technical knowledge, someone who works in the beer industry wanting to further your understanding of the science of brewing, or perhaps would like to begin your brewing career or anything in between, and you feel this opportunity will support your career aspirations, please apply!
To apply for a scholarship:
- Answer all required questions within this application form
- Answer “How would receiving this scholarship impact your career aspirations?” in 100 words or less
- Tell us which course you want to use the scholarship for and why
- Complete the contact details including full name, email address, and contact phone number
- Submit a photo of yourself (Please note that this will not be used for judging purposes and will only be used for the announcement of the successful applicant on our website and social media pages)
Terms and Conditions:
- Applications open on Friday 22nd of September 2023 and close on Friday the 3rd of November 2023 (5 PM AEST).
- The successful applicant will be notified by email and announced on the Science Made Beerable website and social media page no later than Friday the 15th of December 2023.
- The scholarship prize is for one person only and is not transferable to anyone else.
- Applications are open to Australian residents only.
- The scholarship must be used to pay for course fees only, for a relevant brewing-science-related qualification. For example, the IBD General Certificate in Brewing, IBD Foundations in Brewing (or similar). The specific course you choose to use the scholarship for must be approved by the Science Made Beerable Inc. Scholarship Committee.
- The successful recipient must ensure they are eligible to undertake the chosen course, before nominating the course in the application (e.g. some courses may require specific ATAR or tertiary education levels).
- The value of the individual scholarship is up to $2,000 AUD and the award amount will depend on the course selected by the applicant.
- The receipt of the scholarship will be selected by a judging panel based on the response to the scholarship question: “How would receiving this scholarship impact your career aspirations?” While the scholarship aims to support diversity within the industry, we strongly encourage all to apply.
- The successful recipient cannot receive another Science Made Beerable Scholarship within a 2-year period from their award.
- The recipient must be available to attend the course specified dates and attend the whole course.
- The recipient must provide their own transport and accommodation if in-person attendance for the course is required (interstate or regional).
- Upon completion of the course, the recipient must summarise their scholarship and course experience within a short blog for the Science Made Beerable website.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org