Indies industry award nominations now open
Content published as an Announcement is produced by the business(es) named in the announcement and remains unedited by Brews News.
At this year’s Independent Beer Awards the IBA will be celebrating not only beer, but the people who make our industry extraordinary.
The Industry Nominated Awards are designed to recognisethose who give time, experience, and resources to help the entire indie beer industry strengthen and grow. Nominations need to come from an IBA member, and only existing IBA members can be nominated. See herefor a full list of members.
This year there are four categories:
Service to the Industry -The IBA Services to the Industry Award is presented each year to honour an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the Australian independent beer industry.
Young Gun of the Year – Someone who is an employee of an IBA member, and is under 35, who is a high achiever and displays excellence in their field, is a great team member, a strong promoter of indie beer, has collaborative nature, and is community minded.
Community Initiative – This is awarded to an activity or program run by an IBA member that provided support to the community, engaged a worthy cause that created real value (financial and/or community) and truly engaged drinkers in supporting the cause.
True Indie Supporter -Awarded to a retailer, publican or bar operator that strongly supports Indie Beer through representation of Australian independent beer across their business and marketing, as well as in advocacy and promotion.
To view a full rundown of each category, and what the IBA Board will be looking for when making their selections, click here.
Major Trophies and prizes announced.
Naming rights partners are this year offering generous prizes as part of the troopies at this year’s Indies. Among the prizes so far announced are:
- Bintani Australia presents Champion Independent Beer Award with the winner to receive two tonnes of Weyermann® Pilsner Malt, 50KG of Amarillo Hops and 10KG of Fermentis US-05
- Hop Products Australia presents Champion Medium/Small Brewery 2020 with the winner to receive 250kg of 2021 harvest Australian hops
- Cryer Malt presents Champion Large Brewery 2020 with the winner to receive one tonne of Barrett Burston Malt, 500KG of international malt from its range, 100KG of Yakima Chief Hops and 10KG of MauriBrew Yeast
- Barrett Burston presents Champion Lager 2020 with the winner to receive 1 tonne of Barrett Burston malt
- Kegstar presents Champion Brewpub 2020 with the winner to receive 36 kegs free each month for a year