XXXX reveals revamped restaurant
Popular Brisbane attraction the XXXX Brewery, home to Queensland’s iconic beer XXXX GOLD, has re-opened the doors of its Alehouse this month, after an extensive three month refurbishment.
Reclaiming its status as a great place to kick back and enjoy the freshest XXXX on tap, including the new XXXX GOLD Australian Pale Ale, the dining and entertainment venue has a rejuvenated contemporary look.
Extended opening hours mean visitors can now enjoy dinner service from Monday to Saturday until 9pm, and the brand new menu offers honest Aussie cuisine created in the new in-house kitchens, which complements the much-loved beers that are brewed on-site.
A hit with locals, as well as visitors from further afield, the XXXX Brewery offers a complete immersion into the world of XXXX, via a tour of the iconic brewery which has been brewing beers for 135 years.
On average 22,000 people tour the XXXX Brewery every year, and the tour frequency will be increased to run throughout the day in order to meet growing demand. And for those who want to take the XXXX experience home, a gift shop offering branded memorabilia is onsite.
Stewart Wheeler, General Manager for XXXX Hospitality, was proud to be involved in the refurbishment every step of the way. “We wanted something modern, but timeless, that comfortably represented XXXX, while still delivering a premium venue experience and service to our visitors.
“We are excited to reopen our doors, and provide an authentic extension to the brewery experience. This is a place where our brewers come for lunch or dinner and speak with the public over a fresh XXXX beer, straight from the Brewery – a proposition that we know is pretty unique in Queensland,” said Wheeler.
The interiors were designed by Brisbane-based interior design firm Elm Interiors, with key highlights including revitalisation of the outdoor dining area as a beer garden, a complete decor update with designer furniture and light fixtures by Darcy Clarke. A bright new function space is also under development, offering a flexible space for larger group events.
“We have gone for a casual industrial feeling in the new XXXX Brewery Alehouse that has resulted in a more intimate dining environment. The new furniture is a combination of rustic feature pieces and some design classics that are framed by greenery which makes the space really welcoming,” said Wheeler.
- The XXXX Brewery Alehouse will be open for all day dining Monday to Saturday until 9pm daily
- The XXXX Brewery tour schedule will be:
– Monday-Thursday; 11.00am, 12.30pm, 3.00pm, 5.00pm (new time)
– Friday; 11.00am, 12.30pm, 3.00pm and 5.00pm
– Saturday; 11.00am, then every 30 mins until 2.00pm, and additional tours at 3pm and 5pm
- To allow for meal and drink service post the 5.00pm tour the XXXX Brewery Alehouse will be operating the kitchen and bar every evening until 8.30pm for meals and 9.00pm/10.00pm for drinks
- As has always been the case, the XXXX Brewery Alehouse will be open to neighbours and the local area for casual drinks and snacks any time during opening hours (without needing to take a tour)
Please visit www.xxxx.com.au or www.xxxx.com.au/thexxxxalehouse/xxxx-brewery-tours/