Beer is a Conversation 8 Dec 2023
Radio Brews News 8 July 2017
This week in Radio Brews News, Matt and Pete discuss all the beer news for the week ending 8 July.
- Independence Day – the launch by the Independent Brewers Association of their Independent Brewing Industry National Economic Evaluation. Matt and James Atkinson also caught up with IBA Executive Officer, Chris McNamara.
- We discuss this quote from 4 Pines’ Jaron Mitchell:
“I think it’s one of the stupidest things I’ve seen. There’s no industry on the planet that has benefited from artificial relief from a government. Essentially, it creates a vacuum for inefficient people who are wasting resources to get a $350,000 rebate. If you can’t run a brewing business based on fundamental economics, you shouldn’t be running a brewing business.”
- The Great Northern Hotel / Holgate kerfuffle.
- Should bottleshops limit the sale of single beers, and force drinkers to buy four packs?
- Drinkers get fresh with US brewers: American craft brewers have copped another hiding for their perceived lack of commitment to ensuring their beers reach Australian drinkers in the same optimal condition they demand at home.
- Including a reference to our past interview with Greg Koch from Stone.
- ABI’s The High End craft division responds to the Brewers’ Association’s Independence Seal.
Get in touch
Send us your feedback, or leave a voice mail by calling (07) 3040 1508, that we’ll play on our next show.